Wednesday October 14, 2020
MOGADISHU (HOL) – The petroleum sector regulatory body Somali Petroleum Authority has appointed seven board members representing the Federal Member States and the Federal Government.
In a statement Wednesday, the authority said the appointments were in line with the provisions of the Petroleum Act.
“The Board will oversee all the SPA’s activities to ensure that it develops a sustainable and competitive industry in the interests of all Somali people, in keeping with its mandate,” the authority said.
The newly appointed Board Members to the SPA are as follows:
· Asha Osman Ahmed, Vice Chair and Board Member representing Banadir Regional Authority
· Ibrahim Ahmed Layte, Board Member representing Hirshabelle State
· Abdulkadir Aden Mohamud, Board Member representing Galmudug State
· Ibrahim Abdulkadir Mohamed, Board Member representing South West State
· Ahmed Haji Abdi, Board Member representing Jubaland State
· Abdihafid Ali Dirir, Board Member representing Somaliland State
· Mahad Mohamed Sh. Hassan, Board member representing the Federal Government
The authority noted ‘the Board will ensure that the regulatory and fiscal regime being developed will apply the principles of equality, openness, accountability, transparency and non-discrimination in the interests of all the Somali people.
Board chairman Ibrahim Hussein welcomed the new appointments noting the board structure will ensure that all the Member States are able to help shape the development of the industry in the interests of the whole country.’