Crystal Palace have already been active in the window, signing three players and selling another, leaving Roy Hodgson’s squad finely poised for the rest of the 2020/21 season.
Nathan Ferguson was the first arrival for Palace, joining after his West Brom contract had expired. That deal will ultimately cost the club via a tribunal, which will ultimately find an appropriate cost for the right-back’s development at the Hawthorns.
Next through the door was Eberechi Eze, signed for an initial £16million rising to near the £20million mark.
The former QPR man was in excellent form in the Championship, and has already shown glimpses of the exciting play that convinced Palace to make a move for him.
And Michy Batshuayi has also joined on a season-long loan deal from Chelsea, following his successful six-month stint at Selhurst Park at the end of the 2018/19 season.
In terms of outgoing players, Alexander Sorloth sealed a move to RB Leipzig, with Palace set to earn around £10million for the striker following a complicated deal involving Turkish side Trabzonspor where he was in the middle of a two-year loan spell.
With time running out to bring in any new recruits, the pressure is on for Palace to add some vital strength in depth for what could be a particularly gruelling season.
With that in mind, we take a look here at the latest news at Selhurst Park and some rumours about who could be joining.
The Belgian striker has been linked with an exit from Selhurst Park in the transfer window, with surprise links to Tottenham Hotspur.
Jose Mourinho is keen to add a back-up option to Harry Kane, but faces problems in convincing top level strikers to join when they will realistically spend a large portion of time on the bench.
Benteke has been linked with a £10million move, but football.london understand that the striker will not be making the move to North London.
football.london understand that Arsenal and Reiss Nelson’s representatives are actively working on a loan move for the 20-year-old, and Palace are one of the potential options available.
Brighton and Burnley have also been linked for the promising youngster, who did not want to leave the club this summer.
However, frustration over limited opportunities has grown, and Nelson is now understood to be more open to a temporary move away from Arsenal.
Palace are being linked to Celtic’s 22-year-old striker Odsonne Edouard.
Hodgson has stated previously that bringing another striker into the club would be a priority before the end of the transfer window.
And the Daily Mail stated in their print edition that the Eagles will be making a formal bid for the France Under-21 international before the transfer window closes on Monday.
However, the Athletic state that Edouard – who is also said to be attracting interest from Arsenal – will not be sold by Celtic this season.
They do state, however, that Ismaila Sarr could potentially be another option after they initially took a look at the attacker before he joined Watford.
Palace have been linked with a move for the Liverpool youngster following a successful loan spell with Swansea last season.
The Premier League champions are apparently not keen on another loan move for the 20-year-old, and instead are looking to sell.
Palace chairman Steve Parish denied the club had made a bid, but rumours persist about a potential move to Selhurst Park.
However, Sheffield United look to have stolen a march on the Eagles after agreeing to one clause Palace will not – an option for Liverpool to buy him back.
Palace are rumoured to be willing to pay more than the Blades’ £17million offer, but their refusal to entertain a buy-back option for Brewster could see them miss out on his signing.
Links to Benrahma remain strong for Palace, who are said to be the only team still pursuing a move for the Brentford star.
football.london understand that the Championship side are willing to part ways with the Algeria international if a club can match their £25million asking price.
Thomas Frank recently stated that it was still a case of “if” the 25-year-old was at the club beyond the end of the transfer window. Benrahma was reintroduced to the squad for their fixture against Millwall after being left out of their other fixtures at the start of the season.
Whether Palace are willing to pay that amount for the attacker remains to be seen, especially with their options narrowing as the deadline draws closer.